Software Toolbox OPC Data Logger is structured to meet a variety of user’s requirements. Users can license the functionality they need to meet a specific technical requirement and budgetary requirement. The product is structured so you license based on the type of storage you need and can license more then one storage type for the same configuration.
Continuous Logging Support
When you need to continuously gather and log data, the OPC Data Logger provides you with a number of ways in which you can specify just how to collect it. You can “subscribe” to data points allowing you to simply log their values when their values change, or you can setup timers which cause a fresh-reading to take place allowing those fresh readings to be logged.
Trigger Based Logging Support - more details
Get data when you need data. One of the key things that makes the OPC Data Logger special is its use of Triggers to start and stop logging. Unlike a Historian where you are logging lots of data all the time, the OPC Data Logger can start and stop logging based on times and conditions. This makes it a great tool for other data collection needs like; sampling, end of shift or end of batch runs, start logging when an alarm goes high then stop logging when it is back in conditions.
Start Logging straight away, Easy configuration - watch a video
The OPC Data Logger is packed full of Wizards that make configuration extremely easy. Its ability to browse and choose multiple OPC items makes configuration fast. Its use of standard text and data base files along with a proven OPC Client makes it open to use in almost any situation or location.
Log without Limits
No item limits with any license and connect to as many OPC Servers as you like. No limits on the number of connections to the same type of data base or file.
OPC Independent Labs Certified - The Highest Level!
The OPC Data Logger is one of the few OPC Client products that has passed the OPC Foundations’s Independent Certification testing process to insure that it follows all the best practices for OPC clients as outlined by the OPC Foundation. This is the highest level of Compliance Certification offered by the OPC Foundation! Choose DataLogger with confidence!
Product Editions Based on Data Base Type
- Plug-in Architecture
- One or more License can be used together letting you log different data to different databases.
- Text Edition
- Powerful and flexible capabilities yet highly affordable
- Supports logging to a variety of file formats - order based on which format you need.
- Text file (CSV, tab delimited, etc) Logging
- Cost-effective connectivity to one or more OPC server to log to one or more files.
- Database Editions
- Purchase version based on Data Base
- Connect to any number of the same Data Base types
- Connect to any number of OPC servers simultaneously
- Run multiple concurrent logging streams
- MS Access 2000 and later
- MySQL 4.1
- SQL Server Server 2000 and 2005 as well as MSDE Version
- Oracle 10i and later
- ODBC compliant databases
- Computer capable of running the chosen operating system
- Disk space: 30 Mb for OPC Data Logger, 25 Mb for .NET Framework, plus storage space for your log files.
- Memory: 20 Mb free memory needed to start and run OPC Data Logger. Operating Systems Supported:
- Windows Vista Business (x86 or x64)
- Windows 7 Professional (x86 or x64)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2 (x86 or x64)
- OPC Server Data Source
- OPC Unified Architecture Server (OPC UA) that supports the OPC DA Profile.
- OPC Data Access Server (OPC DA) supporting OPC DA 2.x interfaces or 3.0 servers supporting 2.0 interfaces also (nearly all OPC servers supporting DA3.0 also support DA2.x)
- Free Demo OPC Servers available on our demo download page.
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.0 SP1 must be installed. If you have Framework 3.5 or 4.0 you will not need to install 3.0 SP1. This free download is available from Microsoft but is also included on our product CD and on our demo download page.