Data Storage - Where you want the data to go
What is a "Data Storage Component"?
- "Data Storage" is a term used within the OPC DataLogger that represents WHERE you log your data to, such as a text files (Excel/CSV, Txt) and databases.
Data Storage Components Features:
- Data Storage components vary in what they can do. However, they all have common capabilities such as:
- Buffered output - enables the data logger to operate at maximum speed
- Trigger capabilities allowing for start/stop operations based on external events
- Easy configuration and flexible logging options
- Ability to log data collected from 1..n OPC Servers.
- No artificial licensing limits on the amount data you can store
What Data Storage Components are available?
How are Data Storage Components licensed?
- When you purchase an OPC DataLogger license, it will include the data storage components you need. For example, if you purchased a Text file license then you would have the ability to use it to log data to an unlimited number of text files. Likewise, if you purchased a database storage component then you could use it to connect to an unlimited number of databases.